IBM Cognos 10 Dynamic Query Cookbook
Cognos Dynamic Query Mode (DQM) is an intelligent data caching mechanism which can dramatically improve the performance of OLAP style queries over a range of OLAP sources, such as SAP BW, Essbase, Analsys Services and TM1 and also over Relational Sources.
This document provides a single point of reference for techniques and product behaviors when dealing with the Dynamic Query Mode delivered with IBM Cognos 10.
Dynamic Query Mode is an enhanced Java-based query mode which offers the following key capabilities:
- Query optimizations to address query complexity, data volumes and timeliness expectations with improved query execution techniques
- Significant improvement for complex OLAP queries through intelligent combination of local and remote processing and better MDX generation
- Support for relational databases through JDBC connectivity
- OLAP functionality for relational data sources when using a dimensionally modeled relational (DMR) package
- Security-aware caching
- New data interfaces leveraging 64-bit processing
- Ease of maintenance with query visualization
The IBM Cognos 10 Dynamic Query Mode can utilize the following OLAP data sources as reporting databases:
- Oracle Essbase
- SAP BW
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services
- IBM DB2
- Microsoft SQL Server
- NCR Teradata
Need help with TM1?
We're here for you